Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sweet 16th !!

Not much happening in my craft area this month, but there has been some new additions in the furniture department, which has allowed me to shuffle and procrastinate a little more. I am not much of a card maker, but I was inspired to make a card for my sons GF who turned 16 on the weekend. As soon as I saw the challenge at The Lollipop Ladies I knew I had to give it ago ... I didn't blog it in time to load it onto the challenge, but the main thing is I did it ... and I am inspired again by the next challenge ... The challenge was Macaroons ...
I was inspired to use pastel pink and brown and the added criteria was to use gloss, and I used it in the form of dazling diamonds on the thickers numbers. Had not tried this before and found it very difficult to get the air bubbles out of the gloss.



I also made a card for her, just from me and the younger 2, I have used twinkling H2O's to paint this lovely Kaisercraft Magic Happens stamped image and I have used Beadazzles on the chipboard numbers.


Thanks for stopping by for a look, hope to get some scrapping done soon x

2 comments:

  1. 'cocktail stick', prick the bubbles with it :) works a treat, and you can also Emboss with Clear UTEE it looks like Gloss as well ! :) See I knew you missed me :) They look fab mwah mwah XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks simone, I did use a tooth pick. Thought it would melt the foam if I used UTEE thou ? First time using dazling diamonds, usually use dimensional magic ? And no, I didn't shake the bottle LOL !!

    ReplyDelete